I’m not going to lie, a post about being healthy wasn’t the easiest one to write. Don’t get me wrong, I use a DivaCup and natural household cleaners, I take the weekly yoga (and just recently Pilates) class, swallow my daily supplements and eat a pretty strict diet of gluten and dairy free options (with the exception of my guilty pleasure… pizza!).
But, even still I know there is more I can be doing to be a Healthy Diva.
The human body is an incredible system of processes that need continued support and attention. Our bodies tell us when it needs a “tune up”, when our mind needs to refocus, our food choices need to be re-examined and when we need to get outside!
If we could combine the lifestyle of those around us, we’d probably all be super humans. In the Diva office, we have a weight lifter, vegetarian, runner, natural product lovers, yoga enthusiasts, gym goers and gluten and diary free eaters. We learn from each other, are motivated by each other and encouragement abounds.
But there is always more we can do to be healthy, from the inside, out.
For us Divas, being healthy is about self-care and body respect.
When we care for our mental health by taking some time to reflect and journal, our mind says thank you. When we choose to use The DivaCup rather than disposable tampons and pads, our menstrual health thanks us. When we focus our thoughts on the “little things” in life, the good stuff, our heart thanks us. When we sit down to a quinoa salad and gluten free dessert meal, our stomachs thank us. And when we run that circuit, swim those laps or come out of mountain pose; our bodies say thank you.
We want to encourage all our Divas to commit to making one improvement for their health. Whether that be trying The DivaCup for the first time this month, adding an extra workout to your week, eliminating an unhealthy snack choice or switching to an all-natural facial cleanser (like our DivaWash)… just one change towards a better, healthy you!
Are you up for the Healthy Diva challenge?
Whatever you choose, remember to have fun and share it with those around you. Being healthy should be an enjoyable experience and if you are not having fun, it might be time to change things up a bit.
The Diva Team put together a few Healthy Diva tips to help you get started:
- Green your cycle: Traditional femcare products often contain traces of chemicals and plastics that are not only bad for your body, but also the health of our planet. As a reusable option, The DivaCup offers 12 hours of leak-free protection, is super comfy and saves money!
- PM Workouts: If you are not a morning person, opt for taking a lunch hour fitness class or try an evening workout session.
- Clean naturally: Baking soda, micro fiber cloths, vinegar and lemon juice together make a great cleaning solution for tiles, counter tops and windows.
- Go Green: Have trouble eating that pesky suggested veggie and fruit intake? Blend a tasty shake “to go” in the morning.
- Think clearer: Start writing, whether in a journal or personal blog. Writing helps clear the mind and often reveals our true feelings towards the every day.
- Be a Team: Working out can also be fun with a group of friends and it guarantees accountability. Start a workplace healthy snack hour, a walking or running club or healthy options dinner group.
- Natural Beauty: If you cannot pronounce the ingredient it may be time to switch to a healthy facial cleanser, soap bar, concealer or lip gloss. This online database offers some great insight on what’s inside all those bottles and tubes.
- Substitute: Add some almond milk, agave, quinoa or rice flour to your kitchen routine and see the difference a little bit of “healthy” makes to your diet.
- Eat In: Limit yourself to only one meal out a week (or even every two weeks). Cooking blogs, cookbooks and recipe swaps can help you bring international cuisine, vegetarian bliss and gluten free delights into your very own kitchen.
Similar to our Happy Diva Pinterest board, we’ve created a Healthy Diva Pinterest board so that you can share your pins with the hash tag #HealthyDiva! And for every pin you pin with #HealthyDiva your name will be entered to win a DivaCup, DivaWash and Diva shopping eco-bag.
Enter to win on our “Pin-to-Win-with-Diva” webpage.
You’d be surprised how a simple workout suggestion, inspirational quote or recipe can transform a woman’s health routine.
Make 2013 your best year yet with Diva!