As we leave January and come up to new opportunity in February, I am anxious to set some goals for the year. While some may see this a little late, given that New Year’s was almost a month ago, I don’t think we should ever put a time limit on goal setting.
I have never been one to make resolutions, mainly because I always had a hard time following through with them. I instead set goals, adding new items to my bucket list, because while I may not get to the gym three times a week I do want to enjoy a gelato in Italy, learn to knit something besides a hat and plant a garden before I say hello to 2015 (or sometime after).
Working for Diva International Inc. has taught me the importance of goal setting. Every member of the Diva Team has a set of goals they try to reach, sometimes within a timeline, other times, it’s open to possibility. As a team, we also have corporate goals; goals we work toward together.
While I may not reach all my goals for this year, there’s no reason why I can’t continue working towards them, whether it’s 2015, 2016 or even 2020. What matters most is that we set goals for ourselves.
Given that we are celebrating 2014, I thought to offer some potential goals for the Diva Community. The following is not a “to do” list, but more so an opportunity to dream, to look towards something different, exciting or even challenging.
- Try The DivaCup: If you have considered trying a reusable period care option, 2014 is the year to start! Offering 12 hours of leak-free protection, The DivaCup is comfortable, easy-to-use and saves money.
- Learn a new sport/activity: Whether you try yoga, snowboarding or kayaking, you are sure to have fun, and get in shape!
- Travel More!: Visit a new country, State/Province or rural village around your home town.
- Grow a vegetable garden.
- Learn to knit, sew or crochet.
- Learn to cook an authentic ethnic meal.
- Go camping: It is a chance to get away and enjoy the quiet and beauty of nature.
- Send snail mail: Everyone loves getting a letter or card in the mail?
- Be Creative! Learn to play an instrument or take an art class at a community center.
- Give your time once a month or contribute financially to an organization.
- Treat your parents or children to a dinner at a fancy restaurant.
- Learn a second language (or third).
- See a Broadway show or play.
- Run a marathon, complete a triathlon or participate in a cross country biking tour.
Share your 2014 (and beyond) goals with the Diva Community below![fbshare type=”button”][pinterest count=”horizontal”][twitter style=”horizontal” text=”https://divacup.com/2014/14-goals-for-2014/” float=”left”]