Make sure you’re getting the real deal DivaCup.
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. But not when it comes to your DivaCup. We’ve discovered there are counterfeit products and websites out there imitating DivaCup. We’re actively monitoring the market online and around the world to track down the counterfeits and we’ve got our lawyers on the case to shut down these companies and websites.
We’re the #1 menstrual cup brand in the world for a reason; the DivaCup is made to the highest standards, passing stringent international government approvals. Every cup comes with our 90-day satisfaction and warranty. Counterfeiters obviously don’t give you any of that quality, or peace of mind, and can pose a risk to your health, or simply not work.
These FAQs will help ensure you buy authentic DivaCup products from authorized sources. Only the best for your vagina!
How can I protect myself against buying counterfeit DivaCup products?
Authentic DivaCup products are available online at ShopDiva (for people living in the USA and Canada), and at fine retailers and distributors worldwide. You’ll find a helpful list of these retailers on the where to buy section at DivaCup.com.
We highly recommend you don’t buy from unauthorized sellers, auction sites or sites that may look similar to ShopDiva or DivaCup.com. Treat websites offering DivaCup products at prices well below our regular price with suspicion. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!
If you’re still unsure whether you’re about to buy your DivaCup from an authorized seller, please contact our Consumer Support Team at [email protected] or call us at 1-866-444-DIVA (3482). We’re here Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm EST. We’ll help you determine if it’s the real deal, or not.
How do I know if I bought a real DivaCup and not a counterfeit?
We’ve made it easy for you! We’ve put a silver holographic sticker on the side of DivaCup boxes*, just follow these steps to scan it and check you’ve got the real deal:
- Download and open the DivaCup Authentication app for iOS or Android onto your smart device.
- Find the holographic sticker on the side of your DivaCup box.
- Hold your device in front of the sticker and scan (making sure the entire holographic sticker is inside the yellow frame).
If your sticker doesn’t verify, no sweat, contact [email protected] and we’ll work with you to verify if your cup is an original DivaCup. We’ll need to know the lot number printed on the bottom of the box to verify authenticity.
*If your DivaCup box doesn’t have a silver sticker, you may still have an original DivaCup. Some retailers have yet to receive the new boxes with the holographic sticker, and some even have the older-style boxes with the daisy illustration. So, don’t throw it out just yet, contact us at [email protected] and we’ll quickly figure out if you have an authentic DivaCup.
Did you already buy a counterfeit DivaCup or didn’t receive anything after your credit card was charged?
If this happened to you, we’re really sorry. Please let us know about the site so we can work to get it taken down and help prevent other people being misled. Email us at [email protected] or at 1-866-444-DIVA (3482). We’re here from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm EST.
If you live in the USA, you can also report the site to The National IPR Center. They’re the guard dog for preventing online fraud.
Tips for getting your money back:
You might be able to get your money back by disputing the charges with your bank or credit card company. You should provide them with:
- Proof of purchase (email or paper receipt/invoice).
- Proof of your attempt to return the fake product for a refund.
- Screenshots of the DivaCup.com webpage showing authorized DivaCup retailers, or a screenshot of a legal notice declaring the website is counterfeit.
I found a website that sells DivaCup products. How do I know it’s legitimate?
Fraudsters “scrape” our website and its images and then set up a page that mimics the look and feel of ShopDiva.com, ShopDiva.ca or DivaCup.com. These sites are run by scammers who’ll charge your credit card and then either send you nothing, or send you counterfeit DivaCup products. Not nice at all.
Here’s a few tips to check if a website selling DivaCup products is legit:
- Official Diva websites are: ShopDiva.com, ShopDiva.ca, DivaCupGlobal.com, or our corporate websites, DivaCup.com and DivaInternational.ca. Any ‘Diva’ website that includes “sale”, “discount”, “clearance”, “store”, or anything similar in the URL is a fake. Avoid, avoid.
- Check if the online retailer is included in our online retailer list shown on DivaCup.com.
- If the price of the product is significantly below our regular retail price, it’s probably too good to be true.
- All email addresses to contact DivaCup should be @DivaCup.com, and nothing else (e.g. hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc.).
- Policies such as shipping, refunds, etc., should be well-written and professional. Also, watch out for misspelling and bad grammar – two major red flags.
- When in doubt, email us at [email protected] or call us at 1-866-444-DIVA (3482) and we’ll make sure you’re getting the real deal.
If you spot a fake website or a dodgy-looking offer, please do us, and other DivaCup users, a big favour by letting us know. We’d love you forever if you send us a screenshot and the counterfeit domain so we can make their lives more difficult!
Rest assured, we’re doing everything in our power to tackle these issues.